A printed calendar of these deeds was produced by Francis Bickley of the British Museum in 1899 (Bk/633, also identified as 5163/1/1). Bickley numbered the deeds consecutively from 1 to 343.
At some point deeds relating to the parish of St Mary Redcliffe were lent to the parish, and consequently were 'missing' when the deeds were transferred to Bristol Archives Office from the City Museum in 1949 (Accession 5163). The Redcliffe deeds were deposited with other parish records in 1985.
For administrative convenience the split has been retained for cataloguing purposes. The deeds received directly from the Museum are numbered as 5163, and those from Redcliffe as P.St MR/5163, using the numbers given to them by Bickley in his printed calendar.