Ref noP.St R
TitleRecords of the Anglican parish of St Raphael
Date1861 - 1940
Extent9 vols, 28 docs, 1 bdl, 1 env, 1 report
Administrative historyThe property was endowed as a sailors' mission opening (unconsecrated) in 1859 with an adjoining almshouse. In consequence of the high ritual of the Revd. A.H. Ward the licence for divine service was withdrawn in 1878 and the church closed until 1893. Consecrated 30 May 1893, it was converted into the parish church of a new district created out of St.Paul, Bedminster by Order in Council 17 July 1893. The church was destroyed by enemy action in 1940 and officially closed 23 June 1941. The parish area was then divided between St.Mary Redcliffe and Holy Trinity, Clifton by order in Council 20 April 1943.
Access statusOpen
Access conditionsNone
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018