Ref noP.St P and J
TitleRecords of the Anglican parish of St Philip and St Jacob
Date1270 - 2018
DescriptionRegisters
Incumbent
Churchwardens
Vestry
Overseers of the Poor
Charities
Deeds
Statutory deposits
Schools
Maps and plans
Printed material
Miscellaneous
LevelCollection
Extent144 vols, 210 docs, 64 bdls, 36 items, 25 plans, 3 letters, 1 roll
Administrative historyAncient parish. St Philip and Jacob was originally a Benedictine Priory, probably built by Robert, Earl of Gloucester, who also built the castle and St James. Also, like St James, St Philip and Jacob was a cell of Tewkesbury Abbey. By Order in Council of 1936, St Philip and Jacob united with Emmanuel, St Philip and Jacob remained the parish church.
Access statusOpen
Access conditionsData Protection Act 1998
LanguageEnglish
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018