Ref noP.St N
TitleRecords of the Anglican parish of St Nicholas and St Nicholas with St Leonard
Date1538 - 1964
DescriptionRegisters
Incumbent
Churchwardens
Vestry
Parochial Church Council
Schools
Charities
Miscellaneous
Registers St. Leonard
LevelCollection
Extent64 vols, 7 bdls, 55 docts, 1 bklt, 1 env, 1 roll
Administrative historySt.Nicholas and St.Leonard were joined by an Act of Union, 5 April 1766. The church of St.Nicholas was taken down in the course of rebuilding Bristol Bridge and the church of St.Leonard used until the re-opening of St.Nicholas on 13 March 1768. The church of St.Leonard was demolished for the opening of Clare Street in 1771. In 1940, the church of St.Nicholas was badly damaged by bombs and the parish was subsequently joined with St.Stephen. The building is now a museum.
Related materialFor St.Leonard deeds see 40365
Access statusOpen
Access conditionsThese records are immediately available for research
LanguageEnglish
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018