Ref noP.St MT
TitleRecords of the Anglican parish of St Mary, Tyndall's Park
Date1874 - 1981
Extent9 vols
Administrative historyWas opened as an iron church in 1865 to cater for the rapidly increasing population in that area. Funds gradually accumulated and in 1870 it was possible to begin work on a permanent church, St. Mary. The first part of the new building was consecrated in 1874, the rest in 1881. In July 1874 the parish was created out of those of St. Michael and Westbury-on-Trym. The iron church was moved to Woolcot Park as a forerunner of St.Saviour's.In 1962 the parish was united with All Saints, Clifton, and the church became a chapel of ease.The church was declared redundant in 1976 and, united with St.Saviour, Woolcot Park, the two parishes formed that of St. Saviour with St. Mary, based at the old Highbury United Reformed Church, St.Michael's Hill.
Access statusOpen
Access conditionsThese records are immediately available for research
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018