Ref noP.St K
TitleRecords of the Anglican parish of St Katharine, Bishopston
Date1898 - 1954
DescriptionParish of St. Katharine, Bishopston
Parochial Church Council
Plans and photographs
Extent19 vols, 5 docs, 1 file
Administrative historyThe church of St.Nathanael, Redland, was consecrated on the 18th February 1875, a consolidated chapelry out of Westbury-on-Trym and St. Matthew, Kingsdown, (Orders in Council the 23rd October 1876). St. Katharine's, Bishopston, was a temporary church dedicated on the 22nd October 1898, and a new church was consecrated on the 1st March 1931. St.Katharine's was assigned a district chapelry out of the parish of St.Michael and All Angels, Bishopston, by an Order in Council of the 19th May 1931.The two churches of St.Nathanael and St.Katharine were united by an Order in Council of the 19th October 1954, with St.Nathanael to be the parish church, and St.Katharine to be the parish hall. By an Order in Council of the 11th March 1959 St.Katharine's church was rented to the BBC for use as a studio or storage space.
Access statusOpen
Access conditionsThese records are immediately available for research.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018