Ref noP.St J
TitleRecords of the Anglican parish of St James
Date1174 - 1984
DescriptionThe collection comprises the following classes: Registers; Incumbent; Churchwardens; Chantries; Vestry; Deeds; Parochial Church Council; Overseers of the Poor; Surveyors of the Highway; Charities; Statutory Deposits; Schools; Societies; Printed Material; Plans; Photographs; St James Fair; Historical Material; Miscellaneous
LevelCollection
Extent1096 documents, 288 volumes, 87 files, 2 leaflets, 3 rolls, 55 booklets, 184 bundles, 147 items, 56 plans, 1 envelope, 2 papers, 11 photographs
Administrative historyAncient parish. St James originally belonged to a Benedictine Priory, it was built and consecrated in 1174. It was united with St Peter's in 1957. St James was closed in 1984.
Access statusOpen
Access conditionsThese records are immediately available for research except for P/St.J/Chw/6 and others which are marked unfit for production.
ArrangementThe St James records were sent to the Bristol Record Office in several separate deposits. This list is therefore a composite list and that is why the arrangement and numbering may not always appear to be absolutely logical.
LanguageEnglish
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018