Ref noP.St GH
TitleRecords of the Anglican parish of St Gregory the Great, Horfield
Date1911 - 1991
DescriptionRegisters
Incumbent
Churchwardens
Parochial Church Council
Societies
Printed Material
Plans and Photographs
Miscellaneous
LevelCollection
Administrative historyThe church of St. Gregory the Great, Horfield, began life as a mission church to the parish church, Holy Trinity, Horfield, to accommodate the needs of the growing population in the area. The service registers date from 1911, but no baptisms appear to have taken place at St. Gregory's until 1920, and no marriages or burials until 1930. The district of St. Gregory was formed out of Horfield parish by an Order in Council, 1929 Dec. 17. A new church was then built, and consecrated 1934 Jan. 20
Access statusOpen
Access conditionsThese records are immediately available for research
LanguageEnglish
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018