Ref noP.St G
TitleRecords of the Anglican parish of St George
Date1756 - 1992
DescriptionRegisters
Incumbent
Churchwardens
Vestry
Parochial Church Council
Statutory Deposits
Societies
Historical material
LevelCollection
Extent59 vols, 208 docs, 57 files, 33 folders, 5 envelopes, 3 binders, 2 plans, 1 lever arch file
Administrative historyThe parish of St. George was formed from part of the outparish of St. Philip and St. Jacob in 1756. The parish church was demolished in 1845, rebuilt in 1846, destroyed by fire in 1878 and reopened in 1880. The church was closed in 1975. The urban district of St. George was incorporated in the city and county of Bristol in 1897.
Access statusOpen
Access conditionsThese records are immediately available for research.
LanguageEnglish
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018