Ref noP.St F
TitleRecords of the Anglican parish of St Francis, Ashton Gate
Date1654 - 1997
LevelCollection
Administrative historyThe church originally began as a chapel-of-ease to Bedminster, Holy Cross Mission Church. It moved in 1883 when it became a district, formed by Order in Council out of St.Paul, Bedminster and St.John, Bedminster. The church was consecrated in two parts in 1887 and 1891. It was destroyed by enemy action in 1941 and was the first of the blitzed churches to be rebuilt, the foundation stone was laid in 1951.

St Francis now forms part of the Bedminster Team Ministry, incorporating the parishes of St.Aldhelm, St.Dunstan, St.Francis, Ashton Gate and St.Paul. Where records of the team ministry clearly belong to a specific parish they will be catalogued with that parish, but team records will be catalogued with St Paul, Bedminster.
Access statusOpen
Access conditionsThese records are immediately available for research
Custodial historyThe <CustodHist> field at Item level will indicate which specific items in this catalogue have been deposited per the team ministry.
LanguageEnglish
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018