Ref noP.St Aug
TitleRecords of the Anglican parish of St Augustine-the-less
Date1235 - 1961
DescriptionRegisters
Incumbent
Churchwardens
Vestry
Parochial Church Council
Overseers of the Poor
Charities
Societies
Schools
Deeds and
Miscellaneous (unidentified) records
LevelCollection
Extent95 vols; 213 docs; 18 bdls
Administrative historySt.Augustine-the-less was an ancient parish. A new church was consecrated in 1823 and was largely rebuilt in 1840. The parish was united with St.George, Brandon Hill in 1938. The church was damaged by enemy action in 1940 and a church Commissioners Order for closure and demolition was issued on the 19th July 1956.
Access statusOpen
Access conditionsThese records are immediately available for research
Related materialSee acc. no. 39899 for volume of notes on church
LanguageEnglish
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018