Ref noP.HTW
TitleRecords of the Anglican parish of Holy Trinity, Westbury on Trym
Date1967 - 2016
DescriptionRegisters
Incumbent
Churchwardens
Vestry
Parochial Church Council
Overseers of the Poor
Surveyors of the Highways
Charities
Statutory Deposits
School
Societies
Printed Material
Plans and Photographs
Papers of Edwin George
Redland Chapel
Miscellaneous
The parish register is the earliest item here, dating from 1559 (although in fact a 1608 copy of an earlier register). There is a good series of accounts of overseers of the poor from 1656 and details of the establishment of the Poor House in 1802 under the so-called Gilberts' Act. Charity records (Audit Books) date from 1664 but the series is incomplete. There is only one volume of accounts for Surveyors of the Highways and that only covers Stoke Bishop Tithing. There are no pre-19th century churchwardens accounts but their vouchers for the 1860s cover the period of church restoration and from the same date there is good information about the problems encountered in levying a voluntary church rate for enlarging the burial ground. The records of the Loyal Westbury Volunteer Corps (1803-06) give considerable detail for the brief period that they cover. There are documents here relating to the early years of Redland Chapel; additional material can be found in a separate deposit made in 1977 by Redland Parish Church.
LevelCollection
Access statusOpen
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018