Ref noP.HNK
TitleRecords of the Anglican parish of Holy Nativity, Knowle
Date1858 - 1997
Parochial Church Council
Plans, Photographs and Other Pictures
Historical Material
Records of St Katharine, Pylle Hill, and the chapel of the House of Charity
Extent107 vols, 80 docs, 5 Bdls, 35 Items, 151 items, 13 envelopes, 9 folders, 12 Bkts, 20 Plans, 9 Pghs, 1 Pic, 1 Lft.
Administrative historyHoly Nativity was formed in 1865 as a district out of the parish of St.John Bedminster (O in C. 22 May 1883. The wooden chapel used in 1865 was replaced by a permanent church begun in 1870. This church was destroyed in an enemy air raid on 24 November 1940. The rebuilt church was consecrated in January 1958.Holy Redeemer, Bath Road, Knowle was a mission church to Holy Nativity c.1930-1959. St.Katharine, Pylle Hill, Totterdown was also a mission church to Holy Nativity, licensed for worship on 8 August 1889, This church was closed "for liturgical purposes" on 30 August 1962 and the building sold, subsequently becoming the Bristol Mosque.
Related materialSee also accession number 40859 See also P/St.KK
Access statusOpen
Access conditionsv
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018