Ref noP.HA
TitleRecords of the Anglican parish of St George, Hanham Abbots
Date1572 - 1989
DescriptionRegisters
Incumbent
Churchwardens
Photographs
LevelCollection
Extent19 volume, 1 Pamphlet, 12 document, 1 photo, 1 fiche, 1 env
Administrative historyBy an Order in Council, 4 March 1844, the chapelry of Hanham was constituted a separate parish out of the parish of Bitton, with the ancient chapel of St.George, Hanham Abbots as the parish church. The `new' church on Jefferies Hill, Christ Church, consecrated in 1842, was made a chapel-of-ease. In 1905, however, Christ Church was made the parish church and St.George became the chapel-of-ease.
Related materialSee also the records of Bitton St.Mary P/B and Hanham P/H
Access statusOpen
Access conditionsThese records are immediately available for research.
LanguageEnglish
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018