Ref noP.H
TitleRecords of the Anglican parish of Christ Church, Hanham
Date1808 - 1994
DescriptionRegisters
Incumbent
Churchwardens
Parochial Church Council
Overseers of the Poor
Surveyors of Highway
Charities
School
Deeds
Plans and photographs
Printed material
LevelCollection
Extent55 volume, 4 bdl, 8 env, 49 document, 8 file, 4 pic, 3 item, 4 pamphlet, 4 copies
Administrative historyBy an Order in Council, 4 March 1944, the chapelry of Hanham was constituted a separate parish out of the parish of Bitton, with the ancient chapel of St. George, Hanham Abbots, as the parish church. The "new" church on Jefferies Hill, Christ Church consecrated in 1842, was made a chapel-of-ease. In 1905, however, Christ Church was made the parish church and St. George became the chapel-of-ease.
Related materialSee also the records of Bitton St. Mary P/B and Hanham Abbots P/HA
Access statusOpen
Access conditionsThese records are immediately available for research
LanguageEnglish
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018