Ref no38031
TitleClifton Roman Catholic Cathedral Church of SS Peter and Paul, Clifton
LevelCollection
Access statusOpen
Arrangement/R - Registers
/P - Parish Priest
/F - Financial
/D - Deanery
/X - Miscellaneous
Related materialSee pamphlet 1420 for chronology of parish 1790 - 1988
Archivist's noteThe site of the church of the Twelve Apostles, Park Place, Clifton was purchased in 1831 and work on the building began in 1834 It was completed in 1848 and the church was opened on Sep 21 that year The small chapel dedicated to St Augustine which was built on part of the site and opened in 1842 closed when the church was opened In 1850 the Roman Catholic hierarchy in England and Wales was restored and the diocese of Clifton was created The Church of the Twelve Apostles became the Pro-Cathedral of the new diocese. It was closed in 1973 when the new cathedral church of SS Peter and Paul was opened
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018