Ref no12145
TitleRecords of Alderman Stevens' Charity [Steevens]
Date1649 - 1949
DescriptionDeeds, leases, bonds, rents, sales, covenants and other documents relating to Alderman Stevens' Charity
Contents:
12145/1-13: almshouse in Old Market Street
12145/14-15: almshouse in Temple Street
12145/16-28: house next to the almshouse in Old Market Street
12145/29-51: conveyances to new feoffees
12145/52-56: Manor of Wick and Abson
12145/57-65: Manor of Churchley
12145/66-137: various tenements, Wick and Abson
12145/138-168: leases granted by the feoffees
12145/169-171: exchange of lands
12145/172-173: Land Tax redemption
12145/174-190: Closes at Bridgeyate, purchased 1866
12145/191-219: Gregory's Close, Pucklechurch, purchased 1874
12145/220-222: Miscellaneous
12145/223-235: Additional deposit
LevelCollection
Administrative historyThe official foundation date for the Charity is the date of the will of Alderman Steevens, 6 April 1679; the first almshouse was built in Old Market in 1686
Access statusOpen
Related materialInfoBox/10/74
Archivist's noteThe Trustees state that the correct spelling of the name is Steevens (Clerk to the Trustees 2011)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019